…I am almost 100% certain this isn’t Loch Ness. This castle isn’t nearly as run down and destroyed as Urquhart Castle (the one on Loch Ness) actually is. Also, there isn’t a bridge like that to cross over. Also, the mountains don’t look quite right. I’ve been looking at all of the photos from my trip and nothing matchs up.
It LOOKS like Scotland, most definitely. Especially with that fucking prickly yellow plant (gorse bush?) Just not Loch Ness.
I don’t want to be THAT American. I wouldn’t nitpick if visiting Loch Ness/Drumnadrochit wasn’t one of the major highlights of my 4-month stay in Scotland, and if my visual memories of that place weren’t so clear. Seriously, the people who live and work in that area are the sweetest, most helpful and giving people ever, and I would love to retire there when I am old and wistful.
- momwithakindle likes this
- segelsexual reblogged this from fuckyeahworldtravel
- theloupgaroux reblogged this from fuckyeahworldtravel
- gfearn reblogged this from fuckyeahworldtravel
- wrighting reblogged this from arcencielz and added:
- arcencielz reblogged this from wrighting and added:
- fuckyeahworldtravel posted this